BOULDER CITY LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
November 13, 2012
MEMBERS PRESENT: Amy Carvalho, Gary Berger, and Valerie McNay. Also present Library Director Lynn Schofield-Dahl, and Adult Services Librarian Deanna Duffy.
The regular meeting of the Library Board of Trustees was called to order at 5:14 p.m. by Chairman Amy Carvalho.
I. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
II. CONSENT AGENDA: Matters considered routine by the Board of Trustees and which may be enacted in one motion. Any item, however, may be discussed separately per Board member request. Any exceptions to the Consent Agenda must be stated prior to approval.
Gary Berger moved, and Valerie McNay seconded approval of the Consent Agenda, the minutes of the regular meeting on October 17, $14,588.96, in vouchers for the previous month, submitted prior to and at the meeting, $3154.21 in checkbook expenses for the previous month, submitted prior to and at the meeting. Motion carried.
1. ADOPTION OF AGENDA.
2. ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF OCTOBER 17, 2012
3. EXPENSES FROM PREVIOUS MONTH.
III. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION: Items raised under this portion of the Agenda cannot be acted upon until notice provisions of Nevada’s Open Meeting Law have been completed. Therefore, any action on such items must be considered at a later meeting.
No comments at this time.
IV. STAFF REPORTS
1. Lynn handed out change pages for the bills and monthly financial report. There were no other additions or changes.
2. Valerie asked about the part time lab assistant that Lynn mentioned wanting to add. Lynn will not know if this is possible until closer to the end of the fiscal year, and the position would not be added until the next fiscal year.
3. There was a brief discussion about the Henderson District Libraries and their failed tax increase on the recent ballot.
4. There was a little bit of talk about the Winter Reading Program.
VIII. ADJOURNMENT: Amy Carvalho adjourned the meeting at 5:26.