The Library Community Rooms are available free of charge to community groups and organizations for meetings, workshops, seminars and programs. The rooms are not available for purely social purposes, nor for the benefit of private individuals or commercial concerns. Donations to offset the cost of furniture, equipment and operations are greatly appreciated.
- Library sponsored programs and activities have first priority for use of the rooms.
- To reserve a Community Room space, an application must be completed at least 24-hours prior to usage time. Applications must be made in writing. Applicants must have a current, valid Library Card within our system
- Use of the Community Room may be scheduled up to 6 months in advance. A group which regularly uses a space should not assume that that space will be automatically reserved for them. Applications must be re-submitted by a group to extend an original agreement. Groups which have used the space in the past and which have followed usage policies may be given priority in booking after library sponsored programs.
- All meetings must be open to the public and must be announced and advertised locally as open to the public. Advertising is the responsibility of the group using the Community Room.
- The Boulder City Library is designated a non-smoking building.
- No fees may be charged, dues collected, funds solicited, nor items or services advertised or offered for sale with the following exception: With the Library Director’s permission, authors and program presenters may sell copies of their works to program participants.
- Meetings must be held during regular library operating hours. Groups must vacate the Community Room 10-minutes prior to Library closing. At the Director’s discretion, groups which can provide an insurance waiver may be allowed to hold meetings which extend past the Library’s posted closing time.
- Neither the name nor the address of the library may be used as the official address or headquarters of any organization other than the Library. The Library phone number may not be given for contact information.
- Chairs and tables must be set up and taken down by the group using the space. Library staff is not available to assist with set-up. Groups should return the room to the set-up found upon arrival.
- All facilities must be left clean, neat and orderly. Supplies and a vacuum cleaner are provided for this purpose. Fees for cleaning and repair work will be charged if found necessary. A deposit may be required for future uses if a group should fail to maintain the condition of the space. Groups may, prior to use date, request that a staff member be available to check-in and check-out to confirm condition of the facilities.
- Food and beverages may be served in the Community Room. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted. Serving refreshments which have a staining nature (such as red punch, dark tinted frostings, etc.) is discouraged. Fees for cleaning may be assessed if necessary.
- The Library has Audio Visual equipment available for use in the meeting room. Library equipment will be subject to the same rules regarding care, treatment and cleanliness as those for the facilities. Competent operators must be provided by groups or organizations using library audio-visual equipment. Library staff is not available to provide assistance with the equipment during the meeting.
The Library reserves the right to cancel a reservation previously granted. If such a reservation is canceled, twenty-four (24) hours notice will normally be given.
Groups that have scheduled Community Room use are asked to give the Library a minimum of twenty-four (24) hours notice should a meeting be cancelled. Groups which do not notify the Library of cancelled meetings may lose the use of the room.
- No group may use any area of the Library for storage of items belonging to the group.
- Tutors may be allowed the use of Community rooms. Tutors may not schedule the rooms in advance, but may be allowed access to the Community rooms if not in use at the time requested.
- The Library will maintain registration or sign-ups only for meetings sponsored by the Library.
- The Library will not be responsible for the well-being of people in attendance of events not sponsored or supervised by the library. Groups using the spaces are responsible for providing group liability insurance.
- The library will not be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property belonging to those using the facilities.
- Granting of permission to use library facilities does not constitute an endorsement by the Library Staff or Board of Trustees of the user or the user’s beliefs.
These regulations are subject to regular review and revision as deemed necessary by the Board of Trustees. Suggestions should be submitted in writing to the Library Director, Boulder City Library District, 701 Adams Blvd., Boulder City, NV 89005. Policy revision approved by Board of Trustees March 18, 2009 To be implemented beginning May 1, 2009.
Boulder City Library Community Room Application
Community Room Application
Please note that we do not accept digitally signed applications.
Boulder City Library District Community Room Facilities
The Board Room is the smaller of the Community Room areas. The official capacity for this space is 49. (Comfortably seats up to 25)
The Community Room is the larger of the two spaces. The official capacity for this space is 72. (Comfortably seats up to 50)
The two rooms can be combined for a total official capacity of 121. (Comfortably seats up to 70)
Items available for use in these rooms include folding banquet tables, stackable chairs, a chalkboard, a white board, a podium and a piano. The walls are a tackable surface onto which meeting attendees may pin or tape papers, posters, and other light-weight items.
Kitchen facilities are also available, including a standard refrigerator, a microwave, a stove & oven and a sink. The Library does not provide dishware. Because a large number of groups use these facilities, we discourage people from leaving items on the shelves in the kitchen or in the refrigerator after a meeting has ended. We retain the right to dispose of any food-stuffs or other items left in the Community Room Kitchen area. While food and beverages may be served in the Community Room areas, serving refreshments which have a staining nature such as red punch, dark frostings, etc., is discouraged. Fees for cleaning may be assessed if necessary. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the premises.
We offer several pieces of Audio Visual Equipment for use in the Community Room areas. Competent operators must be provided by groups or organizations using library audio visual equipment. Library staff is not available to help with the equipment during a meeting. A staff member may be available by appointment to teach the use of the equipment prior to a meeting. Equipment includes: Television, DVD player, VHS player, LCD projector, Transparency (Overhead) projector, Opaque projector, 16mm projector & reel, Slide Projector and Projection Screens. Groups may reserve equipment at the time the Community Room is reserved.
Groups and organizations using the Community Room facilities are expected to leave the spaces clean, neat and orderly. Cleaning supplies and a vacuum cleaner are provided for this purpose. Spaces should be returned to the set-up found upon arrival. Fees for cleaning and repair work will be charged if necessary.
The Boulder City Library is designated as a Non-Smoking Building.
Restrooms are easily accessible from the Community Room facilities.
Meetings must be held during regular library operating hours. Groups must vacate the Community Room 10-minutes prior to the Library closing. At the Director’s discretion, groups which can provide an insurance waiver may be allowed to hold meetings which extend past regular operating hours.
For additional information, please refer to the Boulder City Library Community Room Policy.
Schedule Confirmation and Cancellations
Due to the overwhelming demand for the meetings rooms at the Boulder City Library, we are asking that a representative from each group stop at the circulation desk or call Deanna or Samantha at 702-293-1281 and verify your reservation each month to be sure you have the time you asked for.
We also ask that if you will not be using the meeting time you reserved please call and cancel your reservation.