BOULDER CITY LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
September 17, 2014
MEMBERS PRESENT: Gary Berger, Kerry Ahearn, and Valerie McNay. Also present Library Director Lynn Schofield-Dahl and Adult Services Librarian Deanna Duffy.
The regular meeting of the Library Board of Trustees was called to order at 7:06 p.m. by Chairman Gary Berger.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Led by Valerie McNay
- CONSENT AGENDA: Matters considered routine by the Board of Trustees and which may be enacted in one motion. Any item, however, may be discussed separately per Board member request. Any exceptions to the Consent Agenda must be stated prior to approval.
Valerie pointed out that the date on the minutes should be August 20, 2014 rather than the June 18, 2014 they are dated.
Valerie McNay moved to approve, and Kerry Ahearn seconded approval of the Consent Agenda, the amended minutes of the regular meeting on August 20, 2014, $16,683.17, in vouchers for the previous month, submitted prior to and at the meeting, $4,065.34 in checkbook expenses for the previous month, submitted prior to and at the meeting. Motion carried.
- ADOPTION OF AGENDA.
- ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF AUGUST 20, 2014
- EXPENSES FROM PREVIOUS MONTH.
III. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION: Items raised under this portion of the Agenda cannot be acted upon until notice provisions of Nevada’s Open Meeting Law have been completed. Therefore, any action on such items must be considered at a later meeting.
Gary and Lynn updated the board on the open trustee position. All applications were turned in last month, along with the board’s letter of recommendation for Laura Palumbo. Laura was appointed at last night’s meeting, but has not yet been officially notified.
- Director’s Report (Lynn Schofield-Dahl) –
Lynn has nothing to add, however she did distribute financial change pages.
Lynn reported that the October 2nd Staff Development Day schedule is being put together now. In the afternoon the staff will be traveling to Windmill Library to see Central Sorting. There will also be fire safety for people who did not receive that training last fall. Lynn is also trying to find someone to teach AED/CPR training.
Kerry asked about the note in the Director’s report about the ILL website being a mess. Deanna gave many examples of the problems.
Valerie asked about OneClick Digital. Lynn explained that it is a website for downloadable audiobooks.
Valerie commented about the Policy Committee being disbanded. She thinks this will allow the newly formed director appointed group to have more flexibility. Gary mentioned that he would like to see more movement on the policies. The group has not met recently because several of them have been off for vacation. The next meeting will be after Staff Development Day in October.
There was mention of the death of Mary McCoy and what was done on behalf of the board and the staff.
- REPORTS/DISCUSSION/ACTION POSSIBLE:
No Agenda Items.
VII. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION: Items raised under this portion of the Agenda cannot be acted upon until notice provisions of Nevada’s Open Meeting Law have been completed. Therefore, any action on such items must be considered at a later meeting.
- The next board meeting will be Wednesday, October 15th at 7pm.
- The Shakespeare Workshops will be every Saturday at 1pm, through November 1st.
- “Out Damned Spot” Shakespeare Festival will be Saturday, November 8th
- Kerry asked about the Library Talent Show on the October calendar. Lynn explained that it is a youth event that was very popular last year, so the youth department is doing it again.
Meeting adjourned at 7:28pm.