Posted by bclibbooks
on Nov 12th, 2013
Are you going always for the holidays? Freeze your holds before you go to make sure you don’t miss that book you’ve been waiting for! Please note that freezing is for physical items only. eBooks/eAudiobooks cannot be frozen.
To Freeze your Hold Items:
- Go to our web site at www.bclibrary.org
- Choose “Catalog“
- On the right side of the screen, choose “My Account”
- On the next screen, fill in BOTH:
Your Library Card Number AND Your Pin Number (If you need a pin number, come into the library and we’ll set one up for you.)
- Click Submit
- On the left side of the screen you should see a message listing the number of requests you currently have. Click on that message.
- On the next screen you may need to scroll down to see a list of Requests you have placed. That list will show you what number you are in the Holds Queue OR give you a date when the Request is due to be cleared. That list also has a column titled FREEZE.
- Select, but clicking on the appropriate box in the FREEZE column, any items which would seem likely to be delivered to BCL during the time you were gone. We advise that it is best to FREEZE all of your requests. However if you are number 118 on a list and you are going to be gone only a week, a FREEZE is probably not necessary for that item.
- Select UPDATE at the bottom of the screen.
- When you return from your travels, you may follow the same basic procedure to UNFREEZE (or release) those items and you will be returned to your place in the Hold Queue rather than having to be placed at the bottom of the Queue again.There are some cases when the FREEZE does not work. If, for instance, you are the next in line and the process of fulfilling your request has already begun, you will not be able to FREEZE that request. In that case, you may have to ask us to be put back on the Holds list for that item. In most of these instances, the computer will tell you that you can not put a FREEZE on that item.