Posted by bclibbooks
on May 15th, 2012
Boulder City Library
Adult Summer Reading Program
June 8 – August 10, 2012
Read and discuss a new type of book, show off your pictures of Boulder City at night, and learn new things.
How this works:
1) Each week read a fiction and/or a nonfiction book from the following categories. You can enter once each week for fiction and once for nonfiction.
- Week 1, June 8-15: Read a Historical fiction book, or a nonfiction book on World History.
- Week 2, June 16-22: Read a Mystery, or a nonfiction book on True Crime.
- Week 3, June 23-29: Read a Science Fiction book, or a nonfiction book on Technology.
- Week 4, June 30-July 6: Read a Thriller, or a nonfiction book on Spies or Espionage.
- Week 5, July 7-13: Read a fiction book of Short Stories, or a nonfiction book on Cookery.
- Week 6, July 14-20: Read a Romance novel, or a nonfiction book on Nevada.
- Week 7, July 21-27: Read a Western fiction book, or a nonfiction book on American History.
- Week 8, July 28-August 4: Read a Fantasy fiction book, or a nonfiction Biography.
- Week 9, August 5-10: Read an Animal Mystery, or a nonfiction book on Animals.
2) Pick up an entry slip at the circulation desk, starting June 8th. You can get these anytime during the week.
3) Read, and hopefully enjoy, your book.
4) Fill out your entry slip, and turn it in at the reference desk, by 5pm each Friday. You’ll receive a small prize for each entry. Each entry will go in the weekly drawing, and the grand prize drawing in August.
5) We’ll draw the winning entries for weekly prizes on Saturdays. The final weekly prize, and the grand prize, will be drawn on Saturday, August 11th. The grand prize is a Sony Wifi Touch ebook reader, donated by Sony.
For our youth program, check out our youth site!